The Community Brain Injury Program for Children and Youth in BC (CBIPCY) is a program of the BC Centre for Ability. The BC Centre for Ability is a community organization that provides a continuum of services to children, youth and adults with disabilities.
Find out more about the BC Centre for Ability :
The program mandate is to provide community based services that enhance the quality of life of children, youth and adults with disabilities and their families in ways that facilitate and build competencies, and foster inclusion in all aspects of life.
Who is Eligible?
Our free service is available to children and youth up to 19 years old who:
- Are diagnosed with Acquired Brain Injury from falls, tumors, infections, strokes and other causes.
- Need rehabilitation and support services.
- Were injured or diagnosed within the past 12 months.
- Reside in B.C with a right to live permanently in Canada.
- Are not receiving funding through third party sources, including ICBC, Crime Victim Assistance or Private Insurance.
Referrals can be made by parents, community or medical professionals and faxed into the program at 604-451-5651. They must be accompanied by medical documentation.